If that’s even something people say.
Of course I hope you have a happy month of June, I will as June is my birthday month.
I get so super excited for my birthday, even if I don’t really get up to much, it’s something to look forward to, so I do!
I love June, it’s officially Summer and that means light, warm evenings. It’s the start of BBQ’s (have you had one yet? We haven’t) and there’s hope for afternoons spent in the paddling pool.
I have seen lots of people doing these monthly ‘bucket lists’ so I thought I would give it a go. I am not very good at setting goals and I am even worse at meeting goals so we will see how it all turns out.
Here are my hopes and plans for the month of June;
- Take better care of myself. By this I mean making time to wash and dry my hair painting my nails and thinking about what I wear. I, like a lot of Mums, put myself last. If there are other things that need to be done I come way down at the bottom of the list. By the time I get to myself I am usually too knackered to bother!
- Start cooking again. I used to cook everything from scratch, I’d spend lots of time trying new things and concocting. I don’t think I was a particularly good cook but I gave it a good go. Now I take the easy route, which is sometimes needed but I think the whole family could do with eating a bit better.
- Plan my time better. I need this in every area of my life BUT in this instance I am talking about blogging. I am so all over the place, I constantly miss deadlines and forget things I have to do. I am never going to make a career out of this if I can’t get organized and appear professional. I’m going to buy a filofax! (Or a cheaper alternative)
- Keep on top of the housework. I am usually pretty good but if I go a day or two without getting bits done everything snowballs and before I know it I am living in squalor and don’t know where to start. Over the bank holiday was a prime example!
- In the same breath, don’t stress over housework. It’ll only need doing again!
I think that will do for now.
I don’t want to overwhelm myself do I!
I am hopeful I can work on a few of these, I’ll update you at the end of the month on how I get on!