Guess what, you are enough!
Hell-to-the-yeah you are enough.
Mum-enough, Dad-enough, you are doing more than enough each and every day.
Ah, the devil on your shoulder. That pesky little blighter.
Is he making you question whether you are enough, whether you are doing enough?
As parents we all have those moments that make us question who the hell thought we could be trusted to parent, we all feel under qualified at some point. It is totally normal!
Here’s the thing though, that little devil only bothers us because even he knows we’re enough. He wants us to second guess ourselves and feed him. When we’re feeling competent he doesn’t eat. Our negative thoughts are his bread and butter.
My new guest blogger series intends to fight back!
Put that devil in his place.
I want you to tell me about a time you felt you weren’t going to cut the mustard, a time you where overwhelmed or lost, a time when you wanted to hand in your parenting ‘L’ plates and go back to taking the bus.
Funny and trivial, heartbreaking and life changing. We all face our own parenting challenges and we rise triumphant each and every time.
If you would like to take part in the series then read on!
- Anyone can submit, blogger or not. If you have a tale to tell I want to hear it!
- You can write about absolutely anything, nothing is off limits.
- No word count, if you want to tell me an anecdote about a trip to the shops I’m ready for ya’.
- When you submit your piece please include: Any pictures you want to appear alongside, a title if you have one or I will come up with one myself if not, any social media links you want included, link to your blog if you have one, your name if you want to include it.
- You are welcome to write anon.
- Posts will go live on a first come first served basis.
- Posts will run every Friday starting 15/04/2016.
You can submit any writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will let you know when your post will be scheduled as soon as I am able.
Looking forward to reading!
I reserve the right to edit posts if I see fit and use any images supplied when sharing on social media.